Folk Lore Book Report
Due: April 15th, 2014
Description: Folklore (or lore) consists of legends, music, oral history, proverbs, jokes, popular beliefs, fairy tales, stories, tall tales, and customs included in the traditions of a culture, subculture, or group. It also includes the set of practices through which those expressive genres are shared.
1) All questions need to be answered in a complete sentence.
2) Check your work for neatness, correct spelling and punctuation.
3) You are to use loose-leaf paper.
4) Your cover should include: an illustration, your name & grade, title & author of the book.
1) Who are the characters in the story? Be descriptive.
2) Could the story be real? Why or why not?
3) What belief or tradition is being discussed/passed down?
4) Is there a particular group of people who believe the folklore? Explain.